ICCFL Training: What you can expect
On Line Training
In 2020 all courses offered by ICCFL were re-engineered to be available via online delivery.
We decided to entirely change our approach to training, making maximum use of the advantages of the online environment, and as much as possible avoiding some of the limitations of just moving a day of training into the virtual classroom. The first thing we did was invest in getting the equipment right to deliver on our mission: uncompromised sound and video that is thought provoking, useful and engaging.
ICCFL programs are designed to be practice based, with a strong theoretical foundation. The greatest challenge in learning is often more in acquisition of skills than in theoretical understanding. When thinking about how to maximize practice opportunities on-line, ICCFL has created a Practicing with Peers approach where you can work in pairs in a physical shared space or meet up with a peer in a virtual room on-line.
In some of our courses ICCFL offers Certificates of Competence in addition to Certificate of Attendance programs In order to receive a Certificate of Competence participants must complete assessment tasks that demonstrate achievement of the program competencies. Course lengths are described in hours and should be regarded as the minimum hours required for completion. Course readings are generally additional to the hours described.
In 2021 We clustered our training into six Practice Areas:
- Green Cluster: Our Child Voice Training Offerings
- Blue Cluster: Our Parent Focused Training Offerings
- Yellow Cluster: Our On-Record Processes Training Offerings
- Purple Cluster: Our Book Club: Research into Practice
- Orange Cluster: Our Mediation and Negotiation Cluster
- Red Cluster :Our Gathering As Professionals Cluster
So what is different in Our Online Learning?
- Each Course is presented as a series of manageable Lessons spread one week apart.
- Lessons comprise Self-Paced Learning, Practice with Peers(r) groups, and Live Tutorials.
- Live tutorials are never more than 3 hours long and most are 2.5 hours. This maximises the opportunity for students to join programs from many different time zones. The melting pot of our professional world is available.
- All of the materials a student could ever need for the course is housed in an online Portal. Access to the whole course portal is generally available from day 1 so you can look ahead if you want to.
- We have Webinars of Lorri and Jon speaking about a topic, Interviews with practitioners, Demonstration videos, articles for download, and all the forms you need to do the work.
- The course manual (delivered to you) is designed to speak directly to the videos in each Lesson so confusion is eliminated.
On-Line Course Delivery
- Most courses offer an Orientation Session to begin the program, a meet-and-greet and check in with everyone.
- On-line class size 24 person limit, with most courses having 16 people or less.
- The Tutorial Timetable is clear for all courses before you register. We do the best we can to help with converting course times to other locations.
- In case Manuals get lost in the mail, we offer all materials in e-versions.
- Students receive a list of items is provided to students to gather for practice activities.
- Students can undertake post-course assignments for Certificates of Competency in some courses. (Students upload assignments through the portal so no risk of loss of work).
- Full student access to the Wheel of Child Development.
- Post course continuing access to all course materials for 12 months.
Coming in 2021
- Student Access to a library of recommended readings.
- The addition of embedded quizzes and chat boxes to assist in retention of materials.
- Access to post-course assessment tasks.
Will we ever be back in-room?
As soon as the world allows, we will provide in-room group training. However, what we have learnt from the last 12 months will continue to be prominent in our training offering:
- Groups from across the world collaborating together.
- Opportunities to attend training without the cost of travel.
- Self-Paced learning with opportunities for reflection and integration between tutorials.